Matt and Steve are talking about this week in sports updates, including:
- The Riverhounds won their July 4th game 2-0 with a long weather delay.
- The Riverhounds also won on the 8th 1-0.
- They have a long break before their game with Charleston Battery.
- The Hounds find themselves in second with 34 MP, 21 GF, 7 GA, and 34 points.
- The 3rd-place team is Louisville at 29 points total.
- The Riverhounds are one point behind FC Cincy.
- Matt shares some thoughts on the World Cup.
- In PGA news, Kevin Na won the Greenbrier in WV.
- Na was -19 for the tournament and had a 5-stroke lead over the next finishers.
- The John Deer Classic isn't a big tournament.
- It's on to the Barbasol Championship at Keene Trace CC in Central KY.
- The Barbasol Championship coincides with The Open Championship at Carnoustie Links Parade.
- The guys that don't make The Open play the Barbasol Championship - but the purse is still $3.5 Mill.
- Matt Cullen is back with the Penguins on a 1-yr deal at 41.
- The Penguins also sign Jack Johnson to a 5-yr deal to shore up the D.
- The Steelers Supplemental Draft didn't peak the eyes of any coaches or staff.
- The Steelers are now in holding pattern until camp.
- As for NBA news, LeBron made a move.
- Serena is in the semis at 25 facing 13.
- We think this is the first time Serena has been a dog in a tourney .
- Federer and Nadal are the big names in the men's quarters.
- Nothing new on the Pirates front - they still suck.
After the show remember to:
Follow the discussion on Twitter (@BoldPGHSports)