We're winding down to our year-end episode, but before we get to the year in review, Sorg and Chilla are sharing some of the week's tech news, including:
- Chilla is sharing his pleas for NASA to save Tony Stark as his Awesome Thing of the Week.
- Sorg's Awesome Thing of the Week is how Doug Engelbart predicted the future - 50 years ago.
- The Huawei finance chief was arrested in Canada.
- Our friend Brian likes experimenting with tech in his bathroom, and he found a solution for his Echo Dot.
- It seems like it's been forever, but Apple Watch has an ECG app for heart rhythm notifications.
- The recent Giphy update integrates TrueDepth camera and a universal keyboard.
- There's a live action MarioKart race in Florida?!?!
- There's a hipster nativity, and Sorg approves.
- How about a VR experience of Van Gogh's Starry Night?
- Marvel Alliance has a Nintendo Switch exclusive.
- Street Fighter will display in-game advertising.
- Sorg saw some advertising that worked to get his attention for the RETRO Color 8-bit iPhone case.
- The Fire/Echo device is having a fire sale. *badum tss*
- John Romero gifts Doom 18 new levels for its 25th birthday.
After the show remember to:
Check out our sponsors as a part of YaJagoff’s HOLLA-day Gift Guide:
- Pittsburgh Things Pittsburgh themed apparel n’at.
- Core Life Eatery at the Block at Northway on McKnight Rd
- Sprezzatura creates and serves heritage-inspired cooking for events and the public.
Want to be part of our studio audience? Hit us up at email@example.com and we’ll save you a seat!
Join our AwesomeCast Facebook Group to see what we’re sharing and to join the discussion!
Have you seen our AwesomeTips videos?
You can support the show at Patreon.com/awesomecast!