Matt and Steve are talking about this week in sports updates, including:
- We've got a Riverhounds update since the last episode.
- The Riverhounds are nearing the end of regular season before the playoffs start.
- Matt gives an update on where the Riverhounds sit in standings as they near the end of the season.
- In PGA Tour news, Tiger Woods had the lead from day one of the final PGA event of the 2018 season.
- The focus during the PGA final event was on Tiger Woods claiming his 80th career victory.
- Justin Rose won the FedEx Cup in the most watched final round of the Tour Championship ever.
- The focus turns to France and the Albatros Course at Le Golf National in Guyancourt outside of Paris for the Ryder Cup.
- The US is favored to win the Ryder Cup this year.
- Because the Ryder Cup is in France, coverage is during the wee hours when most people in the US are sleeping.
- The Pirates are nearing the end of the season.
- As the Pirates look at the end of the season, they are (at the time of this recording)are over .500.
- The rest of the MLB is headed to post-season.
- The AL is set on its playoff seeding, and the NL is far from over with teams very tight down to the end.
- The Penguins are approaching their home opener, and season opener, with the Caps coming to PPG Paints arena.
- The Caps have their banner raising at home.
- The Flyers added a mascot.
- After a good win at home over Georgia Tech, the Pitt Panthers had a seesaw game in Chapel Hill.
- Pitt had a 3-point loss to the Tar Heels to give them a 2-2 overall and 1-1 conference record.
- Pitt heads to UCF in Orlando.
- PSU is currently ranked #9.
- PSU had two commanding wins over Kent and Illinois, respectively.
- Ohio State is headed into Happy Valley for College Game Day on ESPN against PSU.
- WVU is 3-0 and leading the Big 12 with some commanding wins.
- The Mountaineers head down to Texas to take on the Red Raiders at Texas Tech.
- Notre Dame had a commanding win over Wake Forest and are 4-0 overall despite a few scary wins over Ball State and Vanderbilt.
- Stanford heads to South Bend.
- Watch out for RD Tony Jones, Jr. He will remind you of a guy that also wore #6 at that position.
- Steelers had a shitty game with the Chiefs, and a lot better game at Tampa.
After the show remember to:
Follow the discussion on Twitter (@BoldPGHSports)
Remember to check out our friends at River's Edge (@RiversEdgePGH) - and our stream over there!