BOLD Sports: Episode 49
Episode 2681 · August 30th, 2018 · 1 hr 50 mins
About this Episode
Matt and Steve are talking about this week in sports updates, including:
- The Riverhounds have games at Indy Eleven and FC Cincy.
- The PGA Tour stopped in Paramus NJ at Ridgewood Championship Course.
- Bryson DeChambeau took the win in the first of 4 playoff tournaments in the FedEx Cup.
- Bryson was leading after Day 2 and just kept it rolling throughout the whole weekend.
- The PGA continues to TPC Boston for the second leg of the FedEx Cup Playoff.
- DeChambeau is leading by 648 points over DJ, Thomas, Finau, and Koepka.
- Ricky Fowler will be out due to an oblique injury.
- Tony Romo will try to earn a web.com tour card.
- Hawaii wins the Little League World Series over South Korea in a 3-0 shutout.
- South Korea has played in 3 of the past 6 Little League World Series Championship Games, winning only one in 2014.
- Justin Verlander had a hefty lunch bill at the Beverly Hills Hotel.
- Odell Beckham, Jr has a 5-year $95 million deal with $65 million guaranteed.
- The AL West and the NL West are the most exciting divisions in MLB right now.
- The A’s and the Astros are playing a series that could be a big swing in the division.
- The NL West is all within a game in the top 3 and they all play each other in the next few weeks.
- The Pirates are all out of any division and wild card options.
- The moves made bringing in Chris Archer will be better for the next few seasons but are not going to help now.
- Archer pitches well, but he hasn't received run support.
- Again, the Pirates fail and Nutting wins by lining his wallet.
- NCAA Football is back!
- Albany comes to Pitt.
- Appalachian State goes to PSU.
- WVU goes to Tennessee.
- Michigan goes to Notre Dame.
- The Steelers had a bit of a scare in the 3rd pre-season game with the Titans in town.
- Ramon Foster had a knee injury and the first thought was it was career-ending.
- Thankfully Foster's knee injury looked worse than it is and he should be able to go week one.
- The Steelers traded a 5th round 2019 pick to the Raiders for WR and KR Ryan Switzer and a 6th round pick in 2019.
- The return game is in dire straits and needs help.
- The QB position and WR position are the ones to watch in Steelers Camp.
- The 53-man roster deadline is Sunday at midnight.
- Our overall predictions and thoughts.
After the show remember to:
Follow the discussion on Twitter (@BoldPGHSports)
Remember to check out our friends at River's Edge (@RiversEdgePGH) - and our stream over there!
Also, check out BOLDpgh.com and sorgatronmedia.com for more entertainment!