Matt and Steve are talking about this week in sports updates, including:
- The Riverhounds had a Nil-Nil draw with the Charlotte Independence.
- Goaltending and defense kept the Riverhounds in the game.
- Good news, there are no real lowlights but there weren't a lot of highlights to speak of.
- The Riverhounds took on the Tampa Bay Rowdies.
- Brandt Sneaker won the PGA Wyndham Championship with a -21 for the tournament.
- Brandt started the PGA Wyndham Championship with that magical 59.
- He started with a bogey and finishing with a 20 ft birdie on hole 18 for 11 under par in round one.
- This week the PGA Tour heads to Ridgewood Country Club in Paramus NJ for the Northern Trust Open.
- All the big names are in for the Northern Trust Open as it is a FedEx Cup Playoff tournament.
- Sister Mary Jo is a curveball sleeper.
- Big Al hits dingers.
- WPIAL Football starts.
- Cutch put on waivers.
- Pirates dropped 2 of 4 to the Cubs and 2 to the Braves.
- Pirates offense has come to a halt it seems like, and the defense has opened up some hole.
- It's time to bring up some guys in the minors and see what they have.
- The Boston Red Sox had a bit of skid, but are still 8.5 games ahead of the Yankees in the AL East.
- The Indians are 13 games up in the AL Central.
- The A’s and Astros are tied in the AL West.
- In the NL, the Braves are 1.5 games up in the Phillies in the east.
- The Cubs are 2.5 games up on the Brewers.
- The Diamondbacks are .5 games up on the Rockies.
- NCAA Football starts.
- NCAA Football has already seen lots of warm up games, with very few actual competitive match ups.
- Pitt's Kenny Pickett is named starter for the season in his Sophomore year.
- WVU Football QB, Will Grier, has already been named as a first team All-American.
- Kenny Pickett is a Heisman hopeful for this season.
- PSU QB, Trace McSorley, was named second team All-American.
- McSorley could also be in the Heisman hunt.
- In Steelers news, Ben will play week 3 of pre-season.
- It looks as though the Steelers will be playing AB and all starters for at least the 1st quarter for pre-season games.
- The 3rd pre-season game is the one that is used as real game prep and game plan analysis.
- Please don't get hurt!
After the show remember to:
Follow the discussion on Twitter (@BoldPGHSports)
Remember to check out our friends at River's Edge (@RiversEdgePGH) - and our stream over there!