Matt and Steve are talking about this week in sports updates, including:
- The MLB trade deadline.
- Pirates made a splash with bringing in Chris Archer and Keone Kela.
- Archer was traded for Glasnow and Meadows and a player to be named later.
- Kela was traded for two players to be named later.
- Archer is under contract through 2021 costing $27.7 Million total which is right around $8 Million a season.
- Kela is under contract through 2020 at $1.2 Million.
- Kela will be a closer this season with 38GP, 3 W, 3 L, and 24 S 3.44 ERA
- Dodgers: Manny Machado and Brian Dozier
- Brewers: Mike Moustakas
- Astros: Roberto Osuna (suspended) P 75 game for domestic charges.
- The Riverhounds took two losses in a row before a win with the Richmond kickers in town.
- Nico Brett had two goals and Fitzpatrick also came in with a goal.
- The Hounds are in 3rd with 20 MP, 37 Points, 25 GF, 10GA.
- The Hounds have TFCII coming to town.
- In PGA Tour news, The Open Championship came and went with Francisco Molinari as the First Italian to win.
- Some big names were in it until the end, but Molinari was too good.
- DJ won the Canadian Open that finished on Monday due to weather. It was his 3rd win this season and 19th overall.
- It's the Firestone CC on the South Course in Akron OH.
- NFL Hall of Fame inductees have been named: Bobby Beathard Contributor, Robert Brazile LB, Brian Dawkins S, Jerry Kramer LB, Ray Lewis LB, Randy Moss WR, Terrell Owens WR, and Brian Urlacher.
- The Hall of Fame game will be held on Thursday Night Football on the NFL Network with the Bears and the Ravens.
- Urban Meyer is placed on paid administrative leave after rumblings that he knew about the domestic abuse that an assistant coach Zach Smith has against him.
- While Meyer is on leave, OC Ryan Day is acting head coach.
- Malkin is celebrating his 32nd birthday, and Crosby turns 31.
- How long do we see them playing?
- The Pirates were HOT HOT HOT but have cooled a bit. They're not yet cold.
- Errors caused the 9-2 loss to the Cubs who newly acquired Cole Hammels who was on the hill.
- Steelers Camp is underway.
- The guys are working hard at St Vincents and putting in work.
- AB, Villanuva left practice early with soreness but is expected to be fine.
- Mike Hilton is feeling more comfy at camp and looking to make more of a impact at Corner.
- The Steelers' first preseason game is in Pilly.
After the show remember to:
Follow the discussion on Twitter (@BoldPGHSports)
Remember to check out our friends at River's Edge (@RiversEdgePGH) - and our stream over there!