BOLD Sports: Episode 36
Episode 2565 · May 25th, 2018 · 1 hr 46 mins
About this Episode
Matt and Steve are talking about this week in sports updates, including:
- The Riverhounds tied 2-2 with the Tampa Bay Rowdies.
- They took on FC Cincinnati in The US Open Cup and ended in a 3-1 loss.
- The Riverhounds are on the road to face Penn FC.
- Pittsburgh is currently in 4th place with a 9, 12, 5, 17 record.
- F Romeo Parkes was named to USL Team of the Week after his first goal of the season.
- The PGA played at Trinity Forest Golf Club in Dallas for the Bryon Nelson Classic.
- 21-year-old Aaron Wise (South African) took home 1.39 Million and his first win on the PGA Tour.
- Wise's mom travels with him and when he was in the lead after day 3 he had to make her leave the room during the 4-hr rain delay prior to his Tee Time.
- His final score was -23 for the tournament.
- It's time for the Fort Worth Inv. at the Colonial Course in Texas as we're gearing up for the Memorial at Muirfield Village in Columbus.
- The Preakness Stakes at Pimlico Race Course in Baltimore was a rainy, foggy, muddy mess with Justify by a 1/2 length to win.
- Bob Baffert (Trainer) is on his bid for his second Triple Crown at the Belmont Stakes in Belmont Park.
- American Pharoah ended the 37-year drought three years ago.
- Baffert is now tied with 14 triple crown wins as a trainer and could only be the second trainer to have 2 Triple Crown winners.
- Belmont is the longest of the 3 races and is the hardest to win.
- The Vegas Golden Knights move on to the Stanley Cup Final over the Winnipeg Jets.
- The Caps/Lightning had a very exciting game 7 with the Caps moving on to the final.
- Of course Pittsburgh is with the Knights mainly because of Fleury, but some other former Pens are on the team as well.
- Football OTAs have begun and the vets are meeting the rookies and invited free agents for the first time.
- There is no sign of Lev Bell, and we don't expect him 'til after camp.
- They have until July 15th to reach a long-term deal.
- These are voluntary to attend.
- Nashville is selected to host the 2019 NFL Draft, and Arizona is selected to hold Super Bowl LVII and New Orleans to host Super Bowl LVIII.
- Rodger Goodell and the NFL have implemented the new standard and rule regarding the national anthem.
- All personnel on the field during ceremonies must stand and show respect for the anthem, and if they choose not to stand they are able to stay in the locker room or like area off the field for the opening ceremonies.
- If anyone doesn't stand and show respect for the anthem, the organization will be fined.
- Each organization can make its own work rule regarding the situation.
- The commissioner will impose appropriate discipline on league personnel who do not stand and show respect.
- Does this still leave open what is considered respect or disrespect?
- The Buccos have dropped 3 in a row to the Padres, and 1 to the Reds and pulled out an extra inning win.
- The Bucs have been beating the teams that they should, until now.
- The bullpen is still suspect, but the offense has cooled off.
- The Bucs were in first place for a day or so, but are now 3 games back in the division.
- The NL Central is one of the weakest divisions in the MLB.
- The much awaited call-up of Austin Meadows has been worth the wait. he is 5-11 with 2 homers.
- Manager, Clint Hurdle, says he is being aggressive, seeing pitches. Clint summed it up in two words: Visualization and Confidence.
After the show remember to:
Follow the discussion on Twitter (@BoldPGHSports)
Check out BOLDpgh.com and sorgatronmedia.com for more entertainment!