Creative Director Scott Simmons and Katie “Dudders” head down to The Basement with Sean Collier to talk about their favorite horror movies. Sean’s passion for movies is evident when he appears on the radio, the comedy stage, his podcast, and when he writes his column for Pittsburgh Magazine. Sean, Katie, and Scott end the podcast with a discussion about their lists of top horror movies.
- The struggle to get Pittsburghers to leave the house and shake up their routines.
- The joy of going to a movie without overly researching or dissecting it.
- Scott and Sean see movies as an escape, while Katie worries they will be a timesuck.
- Why Scott has to give the design team movie homework.
- Our expectations were lower in the 90s.
- Scott’s weird ability to remember minor details of movies, but forget what he ate for lunch the day before.
- Scott, Sean, and Katie count down their top horror movies and how their lists are constantly changing.
- Remarkably, Sean Collier hasn’t seen every movie ever made.
- The pros and cons of showing the monster at the end of the movie.
- Blair Witch Project’s influence on the horror genre.
Find Sean Collier Online:
Podcast You Can’t Handle the Truth http://handlethetruthpodcast.com
Pittsburgh Magazine Column Popcorn for Dinner http://www.pittsburghmagazine.com/Best-of-the-Burgh-Blogs/Sean-Colliers-Popcorn-for-Dinner/
Please subscribe to our podcast and leave feedback. We appreciate it!